Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Moore's Latest Documentary 'Capitalism: A Love Story'

Having found the last couple of Michael Moore's offerings a bit over the top.  I skipped out on 'Sicko' and had went into 'Capitalism' with low expectations.  I was pleasantly surprised and felt the movie both informative and fast paced.  It reminded me of his earlier work on the TV series the 'Awful Truth', which I still think was his best stuff.  He provides enough evidence and human drama to indict the profit motive as unhealthy, immoral, and unsustainable.  There are some very raw, emotional moments that are hard to dispute, yet I honestly didn't feel there was enough guidance for the average viewer on how to channel their hostility.  However, sometime less is Moore.  He leaves some of the heavy lifting to ourselves instead of beating us about the head and neck.  Go check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment